Thirst and Hunger Kill you?

Go down

Thirst and Hunger Kill you?

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 am

So my idea is as follows. I'll put some of my newly acquired CompSci Skills to use, and adjust the variables in the hunger mod to make hunger and thirst progress 1/4th as quickly as they do, but when they hit 100, you die. That'd, obviously, be a PK. This'd require more focus on food and drink to keep yourself alive. Do you guys like this idea, or not? Input in responses pls.

Back to top Go down

Re: Thirst and Hunger Kill you?

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:26 pm

If the compensation for killing you is a slower increase rate. I'm okay with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:07 pm

If the death isn't instant and the amount is drasically reduced, in response you'd need more traders and people providing bullets so people can buy the food/drink. It'll kill off solely passive players and people afraid to travel into the tunnels without jobs, unless you can fix those issues with certainty, no no and no. It'll just cause people who do passive and aren't crazy heros running through nosalis filled tunnels to die, instead of the opposite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Or we could actually instate it and fix the problems as they come. We shouldn't be afraid to try things because of some negative consequences if in the end it'll have positive consequences. At least, that's my point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

You have perma kill and you just hope the server can feed itself and provide enough bullets to people who don't scavenge to survive, characters that might be months in the making would be thrown away because of short sightedness, if permadeath wasn't an issue I'd agree with you, a few minutes isn't too bad and you can find your way. but mixing the two together is simply foolish for something for a system you can't be sure will sustain itself, not to mention it being unfriendly to new players, you have to find someone selling a flashlight and find food and drink before they die in it's current system. All without being told, simply because no jobs. And people would be more dependent on traders, great. People would be dependent on only a minute number of people, so far I've been on this server. Traders, so far one hansa person and me, unless you count the npc's who would run out of food too quickly to be sustained unless you give them infinite food, which then means why even trade at all now, with NPC's trading the weapons, ammo, clothing, gasmask, food, drink and medical supplies. The only thing people would buy is flashlights and anti-rad, which are things usually exclusively bought by new players, which the perma death/starving/thirst system would scare away if anything. So yes, it's a neat idea. No it won't work in the current meta of the server. I don't want to seem like a barrier, I like the idea but it's simply not viable for certain members of the player base. It'd only reinforce the -go into tunnels and scavenge straight away with no fear culminating in endless droves of overpowered characters- which I assume this whole event about adding mutant hordes in the tunnels were against,
So do you want to force new players into the tunnels without weapons to kill them by mutants? Or have them starve in base because nobody can provide enough food or drink for them at a low enough cost?
/rantover feel free to point out everything wrong with this, I want to be convinced the idea will work without harming the server.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm

See, but here's the thing. You saying "I don't want it because <Insert short response>" isn't gonna make us not want to do it. The reason you said, the post above this, the one with tons of detail... THAT is what convinces people. However, my argument is that we can work around those problems. I'd like to talk to everyone, or at least Forrester and you, about it because I do think there needs to be more that can kill you than radiation and the very rare mutant event in which every person on the server guns down every mutant to get within 50 feet of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:26 pm

And speak to me :/
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Brendin65 wrote:And speak to me :/
I said "I'd like to talk to everyone about it, or at least you and Forrester." >.>
"I'd like to talk to everyone about it," "Or at least you and Forrester."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 pm

I'd like to be included in this "everyone" business. I do agree with Doj it should be a group discussion. Or at the very least a poll saying yay or nay, then from there we can hash out the final details.

As far as radiation killing you goes, I want to agree with it but there is a huge lack of radiation medication.
If we do agree that radiation kills we need to stop it from automatically increasing after a certain percent. I think that's going to be the biggest thing that kills people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Radiation should be the biggest killer in the metro. Radiation is a HUUUUUGE problem. It you know, cooks you alive, sticks in your clothes. All that fun jazz.

As for food and water, I can see issues that'd come along with the food and water problems. I think it's all part of the environment of the metro. People who can't get food, or find some way to provide for themselves, die of starvation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Although I like the idea of people resorting to cannibalism to survive. There isn't really much of a way to get free drinks. xD

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Dax wrote:Although I like the idea of people resorting to cannibalism to survive. There isn't really much of a way to get free drinks. xD

My bar Smile

No.. I got to start charging. Uhm.. But yeah, I agree with.. Well The raditation killing. As well as the food and hunger, to a point.
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 am

The thought of people resulting to begging.
"Please sir, can you spare one bullet?"

Oh-Ho! I shall cast flare on those poor defenseless beggars!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum