Suggestions/Complaints/Whatever I add in here.

Go down

Suggestions/Complaints/Whatever I add in here.

Post  PlasmaXlite on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:35 am

Things I wanted to point out;
1. Starting player models
1.2.PAC3
3.Playerbase and Staff
4. Weapons, Weapons and more Weapons!!!!
5.Staff Structure

1. Alright so I'd like to point out that the starting player models are god awful (The Half-life model reskins) and I feel like there isn't any variety nor unique feel to them and just sort of seem bland.
So I suggest that we add the 01 TNB models (The ones with no special gear and all that fancy stuff) at the starting menu because I don't really want to see clones of 07 male models running around in the station and have like one person who is really good at PAC stand out because he/she has the skills and has applied for it, Also it would add more to stress to the admin/staff team who work their arses off for the server and can probably end up getting in a bad mood because nobody loves to get nagged about changing someones model for them and what not.

1.2. PAC3 is well...One of those things people enjoy to use, for either self benefits such as enhancing the appearance of their character and showing how they would be portrayed or they can out right abuse it. This also mixes along the lines of the first problem because if we don't decide to actually add the said TNB models (01) to the starting menu (Some servers have a variety to choose from to make the players unique) then we may have to give PAC free use to the general playerbase OR add the models into the menu and have people apply for PAC3.

3. The two main heads of this marvellous project that is in the works (Brendin and Frost) are planning on staffing the server as just the two of them, Yes this may be for only the initial launch week but this won't last long if they are planning on sticking like this if the server launch is a success and because judging from even just suggestions they do get annoyed and imagine what staffing let's say...8-16 players can do to them. Yes, I know this is good and also bad because that they both work efficiently because they can relay messages quicker and have a close bond to each other.

Yes that is good to an extent, What if one or the other has a fight or has an emergency and chooses or no longer able to staff the server? Probably a drop in server pop because there's less activity and this type of server will probably need A LOT of IC activity to interest players.
I really recommend expanding more on staff by at least three more and I'm aware of them not wanting to have friends being staff but there are times where well beings take priority over everything. And what I mean by that is them being stress to the point where they are just plain pissed off or just takes things the wrong way.

4. So after a while of me being brain dead I decided to pick up the pace once more, While I'm trying to figure out a launch event I might as well help out by putting more suggestions for weapons which every body loves, This weapon pack I found is solely Russian based weapons and some of which would be somewhat common or easy to find in a large abundance such as the Makarov for example, But I'll send a link so you guys can get the gist of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453550837

5. Not sure how I should say this but I reckon we should put the staff in a council like structure so it makes things less complicated for example Op,Admin,SA,HA,Owner.
I suggest we use the method of categorizing admins into these groups; Owners, High council, Lower council and Trial admins.
What I had in mind-
Owners: Obviously the owners.
High Council: Head admins to Super admins.
Lower Council: Admins and Operators. Or just admins only.
And lastly the Trial admins which I would consider would fall under the category of temporary admins or operators that are kept under watch by the higher ranking council members.
Inspired by Prosperity's staff system.

AND PLEASE USE THE SUGGESTION FORUMS FOR SUGGESTIONS INSTEAD OF ASKING BRENDIN AND FROST, WE DON'T NEED THEM GOING BERSERK AND SENDING THE SERVER BACK TO THE STONE AGE!

Last edited by PlasmaXlite on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 am; edited 4 times in total

PlasmaXlite
Accepted

Popularity : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions/Complaints/Whatever I add in here.

Post  Frost on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:34 am

The models will be added no doubt about that since I rather code it into the start menu then having to get on and set models so please be patient on that.

Second the problem with just adding people onto the staff team is sometimes it can backfire so I have to be careful. I am already in the works of making a staff app anyway.

Frost
Director

Popularity : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PlasmaXlite on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:40 am

I don't really need to be patient because it's not for my own benefit but more rather the players, I use PAC instead and I understand the risks of admin teams but be honest, The two of you can't handle everything yourselves. It's like trying to be the only teacher of a school of 150 students you will get stressed out if not fall under pressure.

PlasmaXlite
Accepted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frost on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:42 am

I know the two of us can not manage everything it is not that easy to just recruit people. First of all you need to make sure they actually know what they doing and if they don't you have to try to teach them. Second the server is not up yet so that is why I am saying be patient in the first place. Staff Applications have been posted for those who wish to apply.

Frost
Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Everything is in the works.

PAC3 Will be whitelisted with a flag, "w" and so will the /event command "z"

I will also more then likely be adding TnB Human 01 group player models to the character selection screen.

I do have some things I need to do before had.

1. Fix the radiation script, (I may have to re-code the entire thing)
2. Make sure FastDL is working 110%
3. Fix the workshop downloads for the server.
4. (Dis be a secret)
5. (Same as above)

Also some other small minor bugs and issues.

Please do remember I have to worry about a lot of this server wise. Such as coding the items, making sure the script is functional. The faction I have to run, The staff that we might have, people whom might be making new models, the player base (such as advertising.) and so on and so forth. So everything is still rolling. IT just is not going to fast due to a lot of things still needing to be done.

I appreciate the suggestions. If you could use this more often rather then bringing up suggestions via Steam that would be great. As we are fairly busy some of the time. We look at the forums and reply when we have the chance. It is just 10x better. Thank you.

Brendin
Director

View user profile http://dystopia-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PlasmaXlite on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:19 am

WEAPONS SUGGESTION UPDATE

PlasmaXlite
Accepted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PlasmaXlite on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:53 am

Staff Structures update!

PlasmaXlite
Accepted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum