dystopia gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasp's ASA app

Go down

Wasp's ASA app Empty Wasp's ASA app

Post  Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 pm

< Wasp's ASA >

Basic Information >

Steam Name:
-Wasp

Steam ID:
-

Time with Myrder-Gaming:
- Couple of months now

OOC Skill Etiquite (We're looking for specific stinger words here. BE SPECIFIC!):
-Basically hand to hand, however, I basically want to give Kate what I do irl. Which is Karate (Empty Hand), Kick boxing and Krav Maga (Contact Combat)

Karate is a Japanese martial art, it is a self defense practice, so its main focus is discipline and blocking. However it uses punches, kicked, elbow and knee strikes and also open handed or "Knife strikes" with the hand. in its attack training. In Sparring, it is known as "Kumite" (The meeting of hands) Karate is also deeply psychological, in training in the art of self perfection, patience and awareness. Its main strengths lie in body position and blocking, then following up with quick but effective attacks.

Kick boxing takes in forms of many different, mainly Japanese, techniques. It is a very competitive and aggressive form of martial art, utilizing strong blows in kicks and punches to various parts of the body. It does teach defense, but it main strength is on fast and hard blows in rapid succession to the target to get them to the ground as fast as possible.

Krav Maga is a very intense Israeli form of defense, combining Judo, wrestling, jiu-jitsu and boxing. It was developed in street fighting, and mainly focuses on real life situations rather than area fighting. As such, its main strength is on counter attacks to those with or without weapons. Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers, and aggression. Krav Maga is used by Israeli Defense Forces, both regular and special forces. The main idea of it are;

Counter attacking as soon as possible (or attacking pre-emptively).

Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points, such as: the eyes, neck/throat, face, solar plexus, groin, ribs, knee, foot, fingers, etc.

Maximum effectiveness and efficiency in order to neutralize the opponent as quickly as possible.

Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack, and so on.

Character Information >

Character name:
-

Skill Acquisition Backstory (Two Para):
- Where Kate grew up, her Mother told her that she would always have to fight. She said "Running is no good, these tunnels are straight lines" Kate quickly found out that at one point or another, she would be in a confrontation, it was then she desired to learn self defense, she had some natural basics from her life anyway, but since she had so much time to kill, she developed the discipline and self control needed for Karate. Karate is not hard to learn, as it uses slow, methodical techniques, so she started with this first, taking time to develop and learn her own body's movements. The most natural to her was Krav Maga, as she was placed in many real life situations throughout her life, giving her the reaction time, and the skill set of being alerted to a possible fight. The hard part was finding someone to spar with. But her and her sister "Linsay Merigold" would always practice. First slowly, one would have an empty bottle or a plank of wood or something to that effect, and they would both learn the ways and most effective positions to not only block and dodge, but to disarm and disable. It was not until later, when Kate was in the middle and post adolescent where she developed the aggression and brutality needed for kick boxing, once again, the techniques where easy to pick up, what mattered was where, and how fast the various kicks and punches were delivered.

Detailed Description of Skill(One Para):
- This skill will allow Kate to react with more speed, aggression and control than most others, it will NOT give her the power to go around and beat up who she likes, but it will significantly increase her change of surviving and defusing an attack on her person, it will give her the key knowledge to take down and disable a threatening opponent while also having the skill to defend, but not necessarily overcome a group.

List of Skill Points (IE: Advanced Hand to Hand, Experienced Marksman):
-

Back to top Go down

Wasp's ASA app Empty Re: Wasp's ASA app

Post  Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Karate - This is like you said, a Japaneses fighting style.
1: The Metro is hardly a place for the fighting style of Karate to survive.
2: It'd be extremely unlikely to find someone to teach you Karate.
3: Unless you had a book to look out of, what is your reference point for the techniques?

Kick boxing - Very reasonable, most of basic hand to hand uses kick boxing as some form of reference.
1: The way you stated kick boxings aggression, it seemed to contradict the patience of Karate.

Krav Maga - While yes, the Spetznaz do use Krav Maga, it'd seem unlikely to have.
1: Who would train you to use it? Krav Maga doesn't seem like it could be self taught.
2: It would be extremely hard to find someone to teach Judo and jiu-jitsu.
3: Sparring with family doesn't tend to build the best or most experienced fighters.

Advice - This is to help you out, I'm all for the advancement of character but some things are a little ridiculous.
1: Lore wise it's believed that the Rangers are ex-Spetznaz soldiers, maybe you could find a teacher for Krav Maga.
2: Boxing and Wrestling can easily be self-taught, the other two style incorporated are extremely difficult to learn.

Notice - I don't have any final say in your application, I'm just putting in my opinion for the judge to see. If I ever make a skill application please feel free to do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:40 am

Why do people continue to say stuff like... I been with MG for a whole two months.

We have not even been open for.. Well a little over a month now.
Brendin65
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:54 am

I didn't mean exactly two months, sorry if the date didn't add up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:26 am

I support the Kick Boxing. Everything else I'm slightly iffy about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:58 am

I, actually, support Kick Boxing and Krav Maga. My character already has a basic understanding and practice of Krav Maga. It is mastered by the Spetsnaz, but there is no doubt that with it's efficiency and easy-to-learn ways, that it would reach the hands of many citizens. My character learned Krav Maga from his superiors, which I'm sure that in an army of soviet communists, this skill would be used and practiced by officers. I actually support Krav Maga more than I do kick boxing. Kick boxing would require someone to train you, because the techniques and such ARE different from Krav Maga and Karate. You stated nowhere, where you had learned any of this. You explained the differences and strengths of each skill, and what situation your character was in to want to learn these... but simply teaching yourself something you probably never even heard of in the Metro is just... terrible, honestly. I'd recommend rewriting the skill acquisition backstory, and putting more detail into how you actually obtained the knowledge and trained the skill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:57 am

Yea I see where you're coming from, just wanted to give Kate my irl skills but I understand Karate in the Metro doesn't add up, the main point of the Karate in there was the discipline and self control it teaches. As for the Grav Maga, I think that would be the main point I'm after, focusing on the counters, especially when in Grav Maga it does focus on real life situations, and we do knife training (as in, opponent has the knife) and we focus on defense mostly abdominal training. As for Kick boxing, I wanted to highlight the aggressiveness of offensive attacks mixed with speed, this works nicely with Grav Maga as they both focus on targeting weak points (For massive damage!) and a way to end the fight as soon as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm fine with Karate, I just don't want ninjas running around dodging bullets and uppercutting people. But since your a good RP'er and know you won't do crap like that. You got Support on the Kick Boxing and Karate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 pm

I understand. I trained in Krav Maga a little, enough to have a basic understanding and practice(just like my character Very Happy lol). I know most every move in the fundamental level and beginner level.
(^off topic Razz)

However, if you can support these skills by stating where exactly they came from, to be used in the hands of your character, I think you wouldn't have a problem getting this approved, possibly for even more than one of the skills. That really is the only problem I see here. You know the limitations of these skills, as you practice them IRL, so you can be a little more trusted to not use it to become over powered. But, you really need to add to your backstory to define where these skills came from. Not only how you trained with them, after somehow mysteriously gaining the knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Reviewing this a couple times, you have my support for everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Approved for kickboxing, though once again this is probably overdue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum