dystopia gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dax's Red Line Application

Go down

Dax's Red Line Application Empty Dax's Red Line Application

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 am

Basic information >

SteamID: Dax

Steam Name: STEAM_0:0:25663754

OOC Reason(1 Para):
   - Seeing as how Becker's no long going to assist the Red Line in their escapades. I need a faction based character of some sort. The Rangers aren't technically a faction anymore and the Reich, well they speak for themselves. Also I wanted to see if heavy soldiers can be approved for use on the server, meaning the big armored dudes from Last Light. I know it might be a long shot, but I'm still applying for one anyways.

IC Reason (1 Para):
   - The Red Line's presence seems to be lacking heavily at Christy Prudy. All the soldiers are either at the base training or away on leave. I feel the presence of a strong Red Line character needs to be a must, in order for the Red Line to maintain control of the station, either from Reich spies, or mutants themselves. This soldier is is not used for "patrolling," he's used either to assault Reich positions, Ranger positions or to defend and secure the station.

Character Name:
   - Nikolai Chekhov

Characters Physical Description:
   - 6'1":200lbs:Muscular Build:Iron Helmet:Heavy Kevlar [On]:Metal Plates on [Arms] [Legs]:Toting an LMG.

Character Backstory:
   - Nikolai was born as the son of a sergeant in the Red Line, his mother, unfortunately died while birthing him. His father did his best to raise a child, but between his job and his son he's split down the middle. During the day, while the sergeant worked, Nikolai was left with his "uncle," who was like a teacher to him. His "uncle" taught most of the liberal knowledge he knew. As he grew through his adolescent years he became more and more aggressive. Guards would have to detain him for beating up the other children. This sort of behavior continued through most of his teenage years until he turned eighteen. On his birthday he got himself into a bar brawl with another soldier, Nikolai beat him with a bottle of Vodka until the bottle shattered. The man did not survive the beating, and Nikolai was sure to die for his crimes.

Seeing an opportunity, the Captain of the station offered Nikolai and ultimatum, either join and fight, or be hung and died. Nikolai motioned him closer, as the Captain got within whispering range, Nikolai smashed his head into the Captain's, breaking his nose in the process. The Captain yelled for the guards to take him to a holding cell, and so they did as commanded. Nikolai spent a week in an iron trap, waiting out his last days when a burly sergeant appeared in the door way. Nikolai looked at the man with a crooked smile, the man simply said "Son, it's time." Nikolai thought, "How cruel to have a father hand his own son." He fought the guards every inch of the way to the Captain's office. His father not saying a word other wise, his facial expression as blank as a piece of paper. When they finally arrived at the office, Nikolai was shoved inside. The Captain looked at him, smiled and said, "I have thought over your choice, and, you are not fit for death." He cleared his throat, "Instead you will be trained to be a soldier under you father here. Since I know what your father is capable of, I advise you not try to resist him. He can be rather brutish with his beatings, but I imagine that's where you get it from." Nikolai, the son of the sergeant, just became his recruit.

Never knowing what his dad did in the Red Line, and never caring to ask, the pieces started to fall in place. How else was he so naturally skilled at fighting? It had to run through the bloodline somewhere. Nikolai was forced through corridor after corridor until he was in the training area for Red Line soldiers. In the middle of the training ground stood his father, yelling at some poor recruit who couldn't stand at attention properly. As Nikolai approached, his father stopped harassing the recruit and turn to face his son. He announced to the recruits behind him, "This is Nikolai Chekhov, he is my son, and to prove a very serious point-" his sentence cut off and the sergeant punched Nikolai as hard as he could, sending the fighter to the ground. The sergeant cleared his throat "Not a damn one of you gets any kind of special treatment, not even you, you worthless bastard."

After several months of being brutalized by his father, Nikolai was finally a soldier of the Red Line. It's not like he had a choice in the matter, but still none the less he was a soldier. Months after his graduation during his first deployment, Nikolai and his squad encountered some Reich soldiers. Nikolai told his allies to lay low and set and ambush. As the Reich walked into the kill box they were slaughtered and as soon as they came they were gone. The successful ambush executed by Nikolai and his squad would be the first of many blows they'd land on the Reich.

One of the attacks Nikolai's squad landed on the Reich put him in the position he's in today. Paired with a Heavy squad, Nikolai was to launch an attack against a Reich outpost. The Reich were strong in numbers and in experience. Several Hauptmann were there that day, supervising operations at the outpost. When the attack began, Nikolai and his squad were the assault element while the Heavy Squad was the base fire element. Under the leadership of the Hauptmann the Reich managed to kill half of Nikolai's squad, even under the fire from the Heavy's. Once in position the remaining men from Nikolai's squad began to fire on the outpost while the Heavy's made their slow advance. Nikolai's squad was laying into the outpost with everything from revolver rounds to pipe bombs. After several minutes of heavy firefighting the Reich were running out of a men and Nikolai was down two more as well. Finally the Heavy squad made it to Nikolai's position and began to open fire on the Reich position again. Nikolai and heavies began laying round after round into the outpost and Reich after Reich continued to fall. Several more minutes of heavy fire ensued around the outpost before it went silent. The Red Line retreated away from the outpost knowing they'd completed their task.

Once back at base Nikolai had lost his entire squad, reporting to the Colonel he reported the actions of that day. After several minutes of thinking the Colonel moved him to the Heavy Squad. From that point onward Nikolai served as a Heavy Squad soldier for the Red Line. He climbed the ranks to Sergeant, and from there on he served where ever the Red Line told him to. As of now he's been stationed at Christy Prudy for suspicion of Reich presence.

Gear >
Iron Helmet
Heavy Kevlar
Kevlar padding covering upper legs and arms.
Metal plating covering lower legs and arms.
Steel Toed boots
PKP Light Machine Gun
2 Spare boxes for LMG, plus one loaded
No Sidearm
No Rucksack
No Gasmask

Rank >
Sergeant (Would you trust a corporal with all this gear?)

Perks >
The Heavy (Can carry and shoulder fire the PKP, in short bursts it's accuracy is mediocre.)
Sergeant (Can lead troops into a battle, normally by example.)
Brutish (Skilled handed to hand? Bah, just beat him to death with his own arm!)

Consequences >
The Heavy (Lacks the ability to run, or sprint. Agility set at 5 when character is made so he can jog.)
Back breaker (To balance out his weight carried, the Heavy does not carry a ruck.)
Armored Up (Does not enter radiation zones willingly due to lack of gasmask.)
Support Element (Only leaves the station when called upon. Would you risk all this gear on a patrol?)

Last edited by Dax on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Dax's Red Line Application Empty Re: Dax's Red Line Application

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:27 am

I feel REALLY bad letting you know this, because you typed a LONG ass story. However, redline is applied for ICly, to allow for the highest volume player intake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm applying for a heavy soldier, like from Last Light. :p

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Application is done, I felt it was necessary to apply for a soldier who would be heavily armored and carry a machine gun. He's not over powered cause he doesn't roam the tunnels like a recruit. He's used for assaulting Reich positions, launching search and rescues, but most importantly protecting the station of Christy Prudy.

I'm applying cause I don't think it would be fair to just give any old recruit a machine gun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm

If Hyane does not look at this soon... I will say yes or no.
Brendin65
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:24 am

I don't think this is such a bad idea.

Also, a thought, that we should use applications for everything except recruitment. Or, well, at least some form of a requisition form. Soldiers should not just be given ranks on the spot, but rather through hard work, recommendations, and a request for promotion from HQ. As for better gear, it goes the same.

I like that Dax applied for a character such as this, but he should have gone into more detail about what gear and rank he wants this character to have. We have no new recruits. It's just me and Hyane, as far as I know. So this would be a great add-on, so long as it's not portrayed as indestructible armor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:29 am

I have updated the application to something more appropriate with four new fields including Rank, Gear, Perks and Consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brendin65 Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 am

Blood what you do is up to you and hyane, but in all it seems like a good application.

Al;so I have a redLine SGT. And there is a Enilsted.
Brendin65
Brendin65
Director

Popularity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Well, I like what I see. Love the pros and cons. The rank, I don't know. I'm not sure if it should be sergeant, junior sergeant, or senior sergeant. I'm thinking junior sergeant, since he is mainly built for battle, not a commanding position in the back.

Love it. I approve. We'll have to see what Hyane says.

Last time I had Dax under my command he shot me ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Approved. I'll get you squared away ICly on your briefing and such.

Due to Hyane's inactivity, I've been told I am allowed to temporarily take over the Redline. I reserve the right for this decision to be revoked and/or modified as from Hyane's discretion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down